The aim of the department of Land, Water and Environment is to supply the society with specialized personnel and services and carry out research in the fields of land, water and environment through innovative and science-based education. Among the main objectives of the department is to provide graduates with advanced training to meet the local and regional demands.
|3.Objectives||Land Water and Environment||Land Water and Environment||4|
To provide the society with specialized personnel and services and carry out research in the fields of land, water and environment through innovative and science-based education.
|1.Mission||Land Water and Environment||Land Water and Environment||4|
Continuous upgrading of teaching and research programs to meet the needs in the areas of land, water and environment with emphasis on arid lands and water resources management.
|2.Vision||Land Water and Environment||Land Water and Environment||4|
To develop human and natural resources and transfer of knowledge for the development of livestock sector at the local and regional levels through the excellence in teaching, researching, training and extensions.
|1.Mission||Animal Production||Animal Production||2|
To be recognized as one of the top academic departments in teaching, researching and extensions and expand Knowledge in farm animals.
|2.Vision||Animal Production||Animal Production||2|
The department Staff is a group of outstanding scientists in all animal production fields, dedicated to bring out the best in students and enhance their research and academic potentials. Our curriculum deals with the academic and applied aspects of animal research. The department concentrates on research oriented towards increasing animal productivity in Jordan.
|4.Goals||Animal Production||Animal Production||2|
Provision of high quality education and skills needed for successful careers. Conduct research on plant pests and develop sound pest control management.
|1.Mission||Plant Protection||Plant Protection||6|
The department is aspiring to be a truly excellent center by considering the advancement and novel approaches in all aspects of sciences and update expertise by attracting excellent scientists in order to become the leading center for serving pest management.
|2.Vision||Plant Protection||Plant Protection||6|
To be pioneers and innovators in nutrition and food science in Jordan with studious efforts to excel at the national, regional and international levels.
|2.Vision||Nutrition and Food Technology||Nutrition and Food Technology||3|
To develop human resources, conduct scientific research, extend targeted knowledge and deliver services at the best level of professional quality and excellence in nutrition and food science.
|1.Mission||Nutrition and Food Technology||Nutrition and Food Technology||3|
To provide students with economic knowledge and management and analytical skills for implementing sound economic decision for optimal allocation and proper use of natural resources in the agribusiness sector, and distribution of agricultural products to promote sustainable development rural communities and protecting the environment.
|1.Mission||Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness||Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness||5|
To be a credible provider of agricultural education, research and extension and to maintain a leading position in agribusiness development on local, regional and international levels.
|2.Vision||Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness||Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness||5|
In line with the vision and mission of the Department of Nutrition and Food Technology; the department aims to:
• Serve the community in the field of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science and Technology and Food Processing through related University courses and scientific research.
• Disseminating the cultural awareness of food and nutrition as important disciplines that contribute to improving the health of the society. It is the departments believe that providing proper food and balanced nutrition are among the most pillar of food security, sound health and comprehensive development.
• Develop its student’s ability to meeting the needs of the society in human nutrition and dietetics and food science and technology at the national, regional and international levels through developed and updated academic programs that include the latest developments in each field.
• Prepare its students to pursuing their higher education and to conduct scientific research in human nutrition and dietetics and food science and technology and other related disciplines.
• Provide training for its students to serve the community through providing the suitable education in nutrition and dietetics and food science and technology including the development of traditional and healthy functional foods.
• Contribute to achieving prosperity at the local, regional, and global levels.
• Provide its services at the highest possible quality level in a professional and transparent environment, while striving for continuous improvement.
|3.Objectives||Nutrition and Food Technology||Nutrition and Food Technology||3|
To continue and improve in a tradition of high quality education service to Jordanian, regional and international agriculture, and to integrate new demanding areas.
|2.Vision||Horticulture and Crop Science||Horticulture and Crop Science||1|
To educate students and interact with producers associated industries, professional groups and society through a distinctive curriculum and a dynamic research activity.
|1.Mission||Horticulture and Crop Science||Horticulture and Crop Science||1|
1. Preparing scientifically qualified staff to meet the needs of the market in the field of plant production and agricultural technologies, in what is modern and in line with global developments in the agricultural field.
2. Developing varieties that have the ability to produce in limited agricultural lands and sources of irrigation and the climatic variables prevailing in the region.
3. Reaching the world (represented by the vision of the university) to make the department a center of attraction for students in various disciplines.
4. Create a database for graduates and the labor market.
5. Solve problems facing the agricultural sector through research, research projects, and the participation of graduate students.
|3.Objectives||Horticulture and Crop Science||Horticulture and Crop Science||1|