|Program Description :||BSC in Plant protection learning outcomes
After the successful completion of this program student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate a depth in understanding of the fundamental knowledge and skills required in the field of Plant Protection sciences, which include weeds, insects, mites, fungi, bacteria, viruses and nematodes.
2. Identify and distinguish harmful and beneficial weeds, insects, mites, fungi, bacteria, and nematodes.
3. Predict the outbreaks of pests and determine the level of infection based on skills gained in the field of Plant Protection Sciences.
4. Recognize different techniques (biological, chemical, cultural, and physical) in pest control.
5. Design and develop appropriate management strategies of pests in an environmentally friendly manner.
6. Participate efficiently in agricultural projects in the field of pest management in various public and private sectors in Jordan and worldwide.
7. Communicate effectively in written, oral, and graphical forms.
8. Employ the gained skills in communication and serving different communities.
9. Commit to ethics and compliance responsibilities for being an agricultural engineer, especially with regard to agricultural sector, environment and society.