In line with the vision and mission of the Department of Nutrition and Food Technology; the department aims to:
• Serve the community in the field of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science and Technology and Food Processing through related University courses and scientific research.
• Disseminating the cultural awareness of food and nutrition as important disciplines that contribute to improving the health of the society. It is the departments believe that providing proper food and balanced nutrition are among the most pillar of food security, sound health and comprehensive development.
• Develop its student’s ability to meeting the needs of the society in human nutrition and dietetics and food science and technology at the national, regional and international levels through developed and updated academic programs that include the latest developments in each field.
• Prepare its students to pursuing their higher education and to conduct scientific research in human nutrition and dietetics and food science and technology and other related disciplines.
• Provide training for its students to serve the community through providing the suitable education in nutrition and dietetics and food science and technology including the development of traditional and healthy functional foods.
• Contribute to achieving prosperity at the local, regional, and global levels.
• Provide its services at the highest possible quality level in a professional and transparent environment, while striving for continuous improvement.