Ø Background to the program and subject area:
The program was established in the Department of Horticulture and Crop Science in 2005 to meet the needs of Jordan and other countries of the specialized employees in biotechnology and to enable graduates to continue their education, especially those have problems of traveling abroad. The program gives a second university degree (Masters) in Biotechnology. The program includes a staff consisting of 4 faculty members and 12 employees (administrative - academic). The program grants the second degree (master's) in biotechnologies.
Ø Vision statements of the program:
To promote scientific progress in the field of biotechnology and deepen the contributions of scientific research in the development of related agricultural fields at all levels (Jordanian, regional and international) through the research of graduates or through the contributions of academic and technical staff and the results of scientific research. The faculty is keen to develop educational programs and research on a continuous basis and to integrate new fields and required funding to carry out outstanding research and development of laboratories and devices. The subject of molecular education was given the attention required by the application of some postgraduate research.
Ø Mission statements of the program:
To Graduate specialists with master's degree in Biotechnology, that have the ability to manage production projects and related centers, and show active participation in specialized groups (locally, regionally and internationally) through the platform for scientific research that has a dynamic research activity.
Ø Program Aims:
1. Teaching students the scientific and practical courses necessary to obtain a master's degree in the biotechnology program.
2. Developing creative skills in biotechnology.
3. The ability to plan independently to access to distinct programs in the science of biotechnology.
4. The ability to use scientific references in writing scientific reports and programs in biotechnologies and present them clearly.
5. Enjoy the ability to teach laboratories and some scientific courses in universities and scientific institutes.
6. Providing students with the sciences that enable them to pursue doctoral studies in local and international universities.
7. Graduating staff capable of leading the technical teams that contribute to the development of the agricultural sector - the field of biotechnology, both in the fields of production or through the development of legislation and laws.