Ø Background to the program and subject area:
The program was established in the Department of Horticulture and Crops in 1995 to contribute to the development of the sector through advanced research and academic programs and to meet the needs of Jordan and other neighbouring countries PhD holders in Horticulture and Crops and to enable the Masters campaign to pursue their higher studies. The program includes a staff of 13 faculty members and 12 staff (administrative-academic). The program offers a third degree (PhD) in horticulture and crop science.
Ø Vision statements of the program:
To promote scientific progress to deepen the contributions of scientific research in the development of related agricultural fields, whether through graduate research or through the contributions of academic and technical staff and the results of scientific research. The staff is also working continuously to develop educational and research programs to integrate new fields and to expand scientific research that meets the needs of the agricultural sector in Jordan and neighbouring countries by attracting funding, conducting outstanding research and developing laboratories and equipment to give modern agricultural systems the attention required through the application of postgraduate research, To facilitate the acquisition of scientific knowledge through the development and application of the concept of quality assurance in education.
Ø Mission statements of the program:
To Graduate specialists with PhD degree in Horticulture Crop Science have the ability to manage production projects and related factories, and show participation effectively in specialized groups (locally, regionally and internationally) through a dynamic scientific research that has s dynamic activity.
Ø Program Aims:
1. Teach students the scientific and practical courses needed to get the Ph.D. degree in Horticulture and Crop Science.
2. Develop the creative skills in the field of Horticulture and Crop Science up to highest levels that can be accessed.
3. The ability to make and supervise an independent plan of distinct programs in Horticulture and Crop Science.
4. The ability to use scientific references in the writing and clear displaying of reports and scientific programs and correct theses in Horticulture and Crop and displayed clearly.
5. Capability to teach scientific courses and related laboratories in Universities and Specialized Scientific Institutes.
6. Supervision of research graduate students in local and international Universities.
7. Graduation of leaderships that capable to lead teams and technical committees that contribute to the development of the agricultural sector, whether in the fields of research, production, or through the development of legislations and laws.
8. Active contribution of PhD graduates in the organization and holding of conferences, workshops and field days (locally, regionally and internationally) and demonstrate the results of their researches.
9. Provide the technical and scientific consultancy to local, regional and international Institutions.