As of 2018, the Department employs five full Professors, one Assistant Professor and to two M.Sc. holders working as full-time teacher and lecturer. The department staff includes seven laboratory supervisors; three with undergraduate and four with master's degrees, in addition to temporary research assistants on various research projects. The department has implemented several research projects financed by the European Union, NATO-SfP, US research bodies (National Academy of Sciences) and local institutions. The research projects have contributed to surveys of water and land resources in the Kingdom, and lead to the establishment of valuable databases that benefit researchers all over the Kingdom. The Department also contributed to the dissemination of modern irrigation methods, methods of land reclamation, establishment of water harvesting techniques, the development of computer models using GIS and remote sensing for the production of of soil, land use, desertification, distribution of agricultural areas and agricultural water consumption. The Department has contributed to providing local, Arab and international labour markets with distinguished graduates in the fields of land, water and the environment. Many of them worked in universities, research centers and decision-making centers in the Kingdom and in Arab, and international agricultural organizations.
Vision statements of the program:
Mission statements of the program:
Providing the community with qualified graduates to take their roles in advancing agricultural development, raising environmental awareness and working to solve land, water and environment problems in Jordan through innovation in teaching and scientific research.
1. Preparing and training specialized staff to participate in the labour market of land, water and environment sectors
2. Conducting basic and applied scientific research, which are among the priorities of scientific research, of the agriculture and environment sectors in Jordan.
3. Serving the community through by providing advice, participating in the committees, and conducting studies and laboratory analysis of water, soil and environment.
4. Preparation of scientific staff and distinguished graduates able to work and solve problems related to water and land resources.
5. Adopting and transferring modern technology from modelling, GIS and remote sensing methods for the management of agricultural and environmental resources, thus, ensuring the sustainability of water and land resources.
6. Developing the skills and abilities of graduates in the scientific fields that require investigation, research and analysis for the purpose of providing solutions to local communities.
7. Inculcating in the graduates the concepts of integrated water resource management and sustainable development the environment.