Background to the program and subject area:
The department faculty is a group of
outstanding scientists in all animal production fields, dedicated to bring out
the best in students and enhance their research and academic potentials. Our
curriculum deals with the academic and applied aspects of animal
research. The department concentrates on research oriented
towards increasing animal productivity in Jordan.
Vision statements of the
To be recognized as one of the top
academic departments in the region offering master of science degree in animal
production and to be the regional leader in teaching, research and in all
fields of animal production.
Mission statements of the
To develop human and natural resources
and transfer of knowledge for the development of livestock sector at the local
and regional levels through the excellence in teaching, researching, training
1. Provide the local market and specially the scientific research
institutions with distinguished graduate in animal production.
2. Conduct scientific research in the various fields of animal
production and implement its outcomes in commercial settings.
3. Improve management potentials of animal production farms and
4. Work on the development of laws and legislation related to the
5. Collaborate with the governmental and private sectors to solve
the problems of animal production.